Supported Independent Living
What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is also referred to as shared accommodation or group home accommodation.
Forsight is a registered NDIS SIL provider. We provide group homes for 4 or 5 people. We complete a thorough compatibility process to ensure that everyone living in the same home will get along and it is the appropriate environment for helping clients to achieve their goals around independence, wellbeing and equity.
Our homes are managed by teams of professional staff trained in Active Support – where, depending on their needs, we do things with our clients, not for them.
As required, homes are staffed up to 24 hours, 7 days, and our team will provide every client with the necessary supports for:
- personal care
- transportation to day programs / employment / appointments
To be eligible to receive these supports within a Forsight home, you need to have or be eligible for SIL funding approval within your NDIS plan. This is listed under the NDIS Core Supports funding as Category 1 – Daily Supported Living.
Interested in moving into a Forsight home? Learn more about finding your perfect Forsight home by speaking to our Client Intake & Transition Coordinator, Natasha Favotto on 0413 780 794.
How do I get SIL funding?
If you are interested in and suitable for a Forsight vacancy, we can help you apply for SIL funding.
- Submit an enquiry to a Forsight home vacancy: Based on your accommodation needs and client compatibility, we will determine if you are suitable for the vacancy and apply for SIL funding.
- Provide supporting documents for your SIL funding application: You can obtain these documents independently, through your support coordinator or our support coordination can assist you.
- Meeting at the vacant home with our Services Development Manager and the Home Services Manager: To submit your SIL application, you will need to sign an Authority to Exchange Information form.
- Processing your application: The NDIS can take 6 weeks to 6 months to process your application.
For full details of the process, please see this flow chart.
What is Specialist Disability Accomodation?
Forsight is a registered Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) provider with the NDIS. This funding is for people with very high needs who need specialist housing. Forsight homes are equipped to provide clients with the supports required for their high support needs.
To be eligible to receive these supports within a Forsight home, you need to have or be eligible for SDA funding approval within your NDIS plan. This is listed under the NDIS Category 6 – Capital Supports – Specialist Disability Accommodation.